Call for Abstracts for the 16th Annual Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC 2015), a Special Interest Group (SIG) of ISMB/ECCB 2015.
- Dates: 10-11 July, 2015
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Web site: http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/
- Email: email@example.com
- BOSC announcements mailing list
- Twitter: @OBF_BOSC and @OBF_News
- March 24, 2015: Registration opens for ISMB and BOSC (https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2015-registration)
- April 3, 2015: Deadline for submitting BOSC abstracts
- May 3, 2015: Notification of accepted talk abstracts emailed to authors
- July 8–9, 2015: BOSC Codefest 2015, Dublin
- July 10–11, 2015: BOSC 2015, Dublin
- July 10–14, 2015: ISMB/ECCB 2015, Dublin
The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC) covers the wide range of open source bioinformatics software being developed, and encompasses the growing movement of Open Science, with its focus on transparency, reproducibility, and data provenance. We welcome submissions relating to all aspects of bioinformatics and open science software, including new computational methods, reusable software components, visualization, interoperability, and other approaches that help to advance research in the biomolecular sciences. We particularly wish to invite those who have not participated in previous BOSCs to join us this year!
Two full days of talks, posters, panel discussions, and informal discussion groups will enable BOSC attendees to interact with other developers and share ideas and code, as well as learning about some of the latest developments in the field of open source bioinformatics. BOSC is sponsored by the Open Bioinformatics Foundation, a non-profit, volunteer-run group dedicated to promoting the practice and philosophy of Open Source software development and Open Science within the biological research community.
We invite you to submit one-page abstracts for talks and posters. As mentioned, any topics relevant to open source bioinformatics and open science are welcome. Here are some potential session topics (but please don’t feel limited to these!):
- Open Science and Reproducible Research
- Standards and Interoperability
- Data Science
- Translational Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics Open Source Libraries and Projects
If your company or organization is interested in being a sponsor for BOSC 2015, please contact us! Sponsors of BOSC 2014 included Google, Eagle Genomics, GigaScience, and Curoverse – we thank them for their support.
BOSC 2015 Organizing Committee:
Nomi Harris and Peter Cock (co-chairs), Raoul Jean Pierre Bonnal, Brad Chapman, Robert Davey, Christopher Fields, Sarah Hird, Karsten Hokamp, Hilmar Lapp, Monica Munoz-Torres.